Kate Adams, Lida Baker, Robyn Brinks Lockwood,
Stephanie Dimond-Bayir, Nancy Jordan, Alan S. Kennedy,
Lewis Lansford, Michele Lewis, Richard O’Neill,
Sabina Ostrowska, Susan Peterson, Kimberley Russell,
Chris Sowton, Carolyn Westbrook, N.M. White, Jessica Williams
Unlock Second edition, an academic-light English
course, builds the skills and language students
need for their studies. It helps students to think
critically in an academic context right from the
start of their language learning and has been
developed using academic and classroom research
to ensure it meets their needs.
- Improved Critical Thinking.
- 100% brand new and improved video
lessons at every level with a greater focus on
- Research using the Cambridge English Corpus
and English Profile focuses on the language areas
students find most challenging.
- Clearer contexts for language presentation
and practice, text-by-text glossaries, and more
supportive writing sections.
- Online Workbooks with more robust content.
- End of unit review tests and mid-course and
Combining the four skills with a focus on literacy
and an introduction to Critical Thinking, Unlock
Basic supports Pre A1 learners to they take their
first steps towards academic success.
- Insights from expert teachers ensure the course
meets the specific academic needs of pre-A1
- Research into over 5 million words students use
and need has informed the language taught.
- Speaking, reading and writing skills are integrated
within academic contexts to provide students with
an effective and manageable learning experience.
- Watch and remember lessons in every unit
include video and motivate students to recycle and extend the language they’ve learned.