Jack C. Richards with Jonathan Hull and Susan Proctor
Beginner to Intermediate 4 Levels* 90–120 teaching hours
A1 A2 B1 B1+
More than 50 million students have learned to speak English
with the help of Interchange.
- Students speak from the very beginning and this helps to build
their confidence, thanks to the tried and true communicative
- A proven syllabus with an easy to follow approach enables
busy teachers to teach well and get the results their students
- A flexible unit structure makes it easy for teachers to
personalize each lesson, giving students the support they need
to speak confidently.
What’s new for the Fifth edition?
- Insights from around the world have helped us preserve
everything that you love about the course, while making all
the right updates to ensure that Interchange Fifth edition is
relevant to today’s students.
- New Listenings and new Readings, with updated topics that
are relevant to today’s students.
- New Conversations that provide speaking and listening
practice, and serve as models for conversations that students
can use in their daily lives.
- New ‘Snapshots’, using real-world information and language
to introduce the unit themes.
- Self-study exercises online, providing hundreds of extra
exercises, and an online workbook that save teachers time and
helps them to see how well their students are learning.
- Interchange Classroom app
- Extend the course material with
polling, surveys and picture prompts
to get students speaking even more.
- Easy to use and allows the teacher to
remain in control.
Easy-to-use resources for busy teachers
- The Teacher’s Edition comes with a full assessment package, including
placement test, quizzes, mid-term tests, final tests, and even customizable
- Save time with hundreds of ready-made activities and worksheets, freely
available on the website.
- Get tips on how to integrate the activities into your lessons, with