Lindsay Clandfield, Ben Goldstein, Leslie Anne Hendra,
Mark Ibbotson, Ceri Jones, Philip Kerr, Kathryn O’Dell
Beginner to Advanced 6 Levels 90–120 teaching hours
A1 A2 B1 B1+ B2 C1
Evolve is a general English course that gets
students speaking with confidence.
This student-centered course covers all skills and
focuses on the most effective and efficient ways
to progress in English.
What makes Evolve special?
- Peer models and content from real students.
- Bite-sized learning and mobile phone activities
for inside and outside the classroom.
- Dedicated speaking lessons based on immersive
- Integrated teacher development in the Teacher’s
Peer models (Levels 1–4)
- Levels A1–B1+ feature short videos of real
student ‘peer models’ talking about topics in the
- These videos provide achievable speaking role
models to prompt speaking in class and are easily
accessed by scanning a QR code.
Expert speakers (Levels 5–6)
- Levels B2–C1 feature highly proficient non-native
speakers of English who live and work in the
- Videos and ideas from these expert speakers
give students authentic content to respond and react to.
- ‘Find it’ smartphone activities allow students to
bring live content into the class and personalize
the learning experience with research and group
activities that are engaging and meaningful.
cognitively-engaging activities over mechanical practice and includes critical
thinking in every skills lesson
Dedicated speaking lessons
- Based around immersive tasks that involve information sharing, problemsolving,
and decision making, ‘Time to Speak’ is a lesson dedicated entirely
to developing speaking skills.
- ‘Time to Speak’ creates a buzz in the classroom where speaking can really
thrive, evolve, and take off, resulting in more confident speakers of English.
- Research shows that students learn better in contexts where they feel
confident, motivated, supported, and able to experiment with language.
Evolve helps teachers create a safe speaking environment in which students
have space to develop their speaking skills freely.
Designed for success
- ‘Accuracy check’ targets common learner errors. It can be used as a
self-editing checklist and helps students learn to actively avoid common
errors in their written and spoken English.
- ‘Insider English’ focuses on the informal language and colloquial expressions
frequently found in everyday situations, boosting students’ confidence in the
- The ‘Pronunciation’ sections highlight the aspects of speaking and listening
the most affect communication, meaning pronunciation work in class is
- ‘Register check’ helps students to transition confidently between written
and spoken English and recognize how to use different levels of formality
Evolve integrates professional development into every unit of the Teacher’s
Edition. This unique approach offers regular opportunities to reflect and try
out new teaching techniques, enabling teachers to develop as they teach.