Adrian Doff, Craig Thaine, Herbert Puchta, Jeff Stranks, Peter Lewis-Jones
Cambridge English Empower combines course content from
Cambridge University Press with validated assessment from the
experts at Cambridge Assessment English.
- Thought-provoking content keeps students engaged in the
classroom and gets them talking.
- Tests developed by Cambridge Assessment English, world
leaders in language assessment, ensure reliable results.
- With a syllabus informed by the Cambridge English Corpus
and English Vocabulary Profile, students encounter the most
useful language at the right point in their learning
Online Assessment with Extra Practice, and Online Workbook*
- Complete package available, includes the Student Book with Online Assessment and practice, and
- Complete learning and assessment cycle with auto-marking and automatic follow-up activities saves
teachers time and provides instant visibility of results and progress.
- Unit Progress Tests are provided for every unit. Students are directed to personalised practice depending on
their score so they focus on the areas that will benefit them most.
- Skills-based mid- and end-of course Competency Tests assess each learner’s language proficiency. A
unique CEFR report is provided which reliably benchmarks their level in each of the four skills, showing
results and progress.
*Tests and Workbook also available in print.
Academic Skills Plus: Classroom lessons focusing on light academic skills and language
- A lesson for every unit focusing on all four skills plus language for academic purposes. With full teacher’s notes
and additional tips and ideas. Use it as well as, or instead of, Lesson D of the Student’s Book.
- Reading lessons including ‘Reading Extension’, offering an optional additional text and activities.
- 4 levels: B1, B1+, B2, C1.
- Download photocopiable PDFs from the Resources section at cambridge.org/empower. Also available
in the Cambridge Learning Management System (CLMS) Teacher Resource section.
Academic Skills Online Practice: Extra practice of academic listening and reading skills
- Light academic listening and reading skills, plus a focus on key language.
- Texts and audio recordings reflect real-life academic genres.
- Carefully staged activities in each unit give students a sense of progress. Suitable for class and self-study.
- Available to all students using the Cambridge English Empower CLMS. Scores are included in the CLMS
Reading Plus: Extra reading lessons to complement the Student’s Book
- Longer and more challenging reading texts, with activities, to use in class as an extra lesson.
- 5 levels: A2, B1, B1+, B2, C1.
- Download photocopiable PDFs from the Resources section at cambridge.org/empower. Also available in
the Cambridge Learning Management System (CLMS) Teacher Resource section