A three-level series of grammar reference and practice books for teenage and young adult learners.
Suitable for classroom use or self-study, Active Grammar presents and practises grammar in clear, realistic contexts specially chosen to appeal to teenage and young adult learners. The series covers all the grammar points taught at A1-C2 (CEF) levels. Each unit opens with an original text followed by clear explanations of the key grammar points. Engaging presentations help students learn about the world while they study English grammar, and a large number of contrasting revision exercises help to develop students’ command of several grammar points at once and to prepare them for communication outside the classroom. Regular tip boxes give information about common mistakes and the accompanying CD-ROM contains additional exam-style exercises and tests for more grammar practice. A FREE comprehensive Teacher’s Guide, providing plenty of practical ideas on how to use the material in class, and tips for teaching mixed ability and mixed age classes, is available online.
- Grammar structures are presented through a variety of engaging content-rich texts drawn from areas such as geography, history, and science.
- Carefully graded exercises provide plenty of challenging practice and opportunities for personalisation.
- Contains a wealth of extra review material featured in MY TEST! sections, review units and on the CD-ROM.
- The CD-ROM includes extra practice material for each unit and printable tests for all grammar areas.
- Exercises are suitable for learners preparing for Cambridge ESOL exams.